INTERLIBRARY LOAN AND DOCUMENT DELIVERY
Our Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Service:
- Locates and provides materials not owned by Dudley Knox Library.
- Provides Library-owned materials to NPS Distance Learning students.
- Provides web delivery for most article requests.
- Streamlines the request process by enabling secure access, which means that you will not have to supply personal information for future requests.
- Enables you to check the status of your requests, revise your requests, request renewal of Interlibrary Loan materials, update your personal ILL account information and more.
Using our Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Service:
- Please note that this service is provided at no cost to current faculty, students (including
distance learning students) and staff of the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS). Requests
must be for material in support of classroom teaching, research, studies, or other
NPS mission-related tasks.
- Before placing a request, please check BOSUN,
the Dudley Knox Library's online catalog, to see whether we own this item.
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Policies
- For libraries interested in borrowing from the Dudley Knox Library collection,
please see our Library to Library Interlibrary
Loan Service webpage.
WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research". If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.